- In a saucepan, combine 6 cups water, tomato, onion, gabi, and Mama Sita’s Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix. Cook over medium heat.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add the labanos, puso ng saging, and eggplant. Continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Taste, adding more water as needed, and add the siling haba.
- Add patis to taste and bring to a boil.
- Add green leafy vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot.
Tomatoes, seeded and cut into quarters
4 small pcs
Gabi (taro), peeled and quartered
Mama Sita's Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix
Labanos (radish), peeled and sliced diagonally
1 small pc
Puso ng saging (banana blossom), washed, trimmed, and sliced diagonally
Eggplant, washed, trimmed, cut diagonally 2-in thick
Siling haba (green chili)
Patis (fish sauce), to taste
Green leafy vegetables such as kangkong, mustasa (mustard greens), or talbos ng kamote (sweet potato sprouts), trimmed