- In a saucepan, combine water, onion, tomato, pork, gabi, and Mama Sita’s Sinigang sa Bayabas Mix. Cook over medium heat.
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer until pork is tender.
- Add the sitaw and siling haba, and continue cooking over medium heat.
- When the sitaw is tender, add kangkong, talbos ng kamote, and okra. Cook for another minute or until okra is tender but still bright green.
- Remove from heat. Serve with fish chicharon.
Water or hugas-bigas (water from rinsing rice)
Gabi, peeled and quartered
Mama Sita's Sinigang sa Bayabas Mix
Pork spareribs, cut into cubes
Sitaw (long green beans), cut into 2-in lengths
Siling haba (long green pepper)
Kangkong, rinsed and cut into serving pieces
Talbos ng kamote, rinsed and trimmed
Patis (fish sauce), to taste