- Plunge pata into the boiling water and keep it there for 10 minutes, turning it halfway.
- Remove and drain well, then coat well with soy sauce to color the skin portion.
- Heat oil and sear pata skin until brown. Set aside.
- Combine all the boiling ingredients in a pot then add the browned pata.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours until pata is tender and sauce thickens.
- Add sesame oil to enhance the flavor.
- Remove pata tim and place on a serving platter.
- Garnish with blanched bok choy, chinese young broccoli or any green veggies of your choice. Pour sauce over the pata and serve hot.
Whole pata, cleaned and washed
Boiling water to blanch the pata
Mama Sita's Barbecue Marinade
Mama Sita's Oyster Sauce
Rice wine or gin
Five spice powder (optional)