- In a bowl, combine ingredients for the filling and mix well.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the filling onto a spring roll wrapper, about 2 inches from the bottom. Spread mixture evenly into a form of a roll well across the wrapper and roll tightly. Seal the edges with water or egg whites.
- Cut into 3 pieces and dip both ends in some flour.
- Deep-fry over medium heat until golden brown and drain off excess oil.
- Serve with Mama Sita’s Sweet Chili Sauce or Mama Sita’s Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Mama Sita’s Lumpiang Shanghai Mix
Ground chicken (or ground pork)
Carrots, finely chopped
Onion, finely chopped
Spring onions, finely chopped
Cooking oil, for frying
Spring roll wrappers (about 8 inches in diameter)