- In a pan, heat oil and fry eggplant until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions until softened.
- Add the sitaw and banana blossoms, and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add water and pechay stems. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the dissolved Mama Sita’s Kare-kareng Gulay Mix. Stir, boil, and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the pechay leaves, stir and continue simmering until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried eggplant. Stir and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Serve with kalkag rice and grilled marlin.
Eggplant, sliced and fried in:
Red onion, sliced
Sitaw, cut into 2-in lengths
Banana blossom, sliced
Pechay, separate leaves from stems
Mama Sita’s Kare-kare Mix, dissolved in: