- Marinate bangus in Mama Sita’s Toyo at Kalamansi for at least 3 hours. Set aside.
- Drain bangus and coat with flour. Set aside marinade.
- In a pan, fry bangus in hot oil until golden brown.
- Add marinade and water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Slice bistek na bangus into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Pickle red onions in half of the vinaigrette. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare mixed greens, tomatoes, and pickled onions. Toss to mix well.
- To serve: Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salad mixture.
- Add bistek na bangus meat. Garnish with hard boiled eggs. Serve.
Boneless bangus back fillet
Mama Sita’s Toyo at Kalamansi
Red onion, thinly sliced
Tomatoes, cut into strips
Mixed greens, washed and drained
Hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges (optional)
For the vinaigrette:
Mama Sita’s Distilled Vinegar
Ground black pepper