- In a pot, boil the chicken breast in water. Lower the heat and skim off the scum and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked. Remove from heat and let it cool. Using a fork, flake the meat of the chicken. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat oil and sauté the garlic until light brown. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the flaked chicken meat, Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce, salt, and ground pepper. Mix well.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture dries up.
- Scoop a cup of steamed rice onto each banana leaf and topped with the pastil and wrap neatly.
- When serving, garnish with toasted crushed garlic.
Chicken breast with skin
Red onion, minced
Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce
Ground black pepper
Banana leaves, heated and cut into 5- x 7-in pieces
Toasted crushed garlic (for garnish)