- Marinate bangus in Mama Sita’s Toyo & Kalamansi for 15 minutes.
- Place the flour on a plate. Remove the bangus pieces from the marinade and roll in flour. Save the marinade.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Pan fry bangus pieces until golden, taking care not to overcrowd the pan.
- Pour in the remaining marinade and cook over medium heat until it starts to boil. Add the seared onions and water, as needed.
- Continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes or until the onions have soaked up on some of the sauce.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with sliced tomatoes and arugula.
Bangus, medium-sized, preferably boneless, cut into serving pieces
Mama Sita's Toyo & Kalamansi
White onions, peeled and cut into rings and seared until slightly soft
1 small bunch
Arugula, rinsed and trimmed
Cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved