- Season beef with salt and pepper. Coat with cornstarch.
- In a pan, heat oil. Fry the beef until the edges turn brown. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Add the pre-fried beef and water.
- Over high heat add the Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce, sugar and snow peas.
- Thicken the sauce by adding the mixture of cornstarch and water.
- Just before removing from heat, add sesame oil. Serve hot.
Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce
Beef sirloin, pounded with back of the knife and cut into strips
Sitsaro (snow peas)
Cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tsp (5 ml) of water
Sesame oil (optional)