- In a pan, heat oil, sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add the ground beef, sauté until brown in color and the water has dried out.
- Add the dissolved Mama Sita’s Caldereta Mix and the rest of the ingredients except for green peas. Cover and cook for 10 minutes to until the vegetables are done.
- Add the green peas and continue cooking for another 3 minutes or until the peas are done.
- Divide the beef mixture into 8 portions.
- To plate: Arrange a portion of beef on a plate with a cupful of rice topped with a fried egg and slices of fried bananas.
- Serve with Mama Sita’s Pure Labuyo Hot Pepper Sauce.
Red onion, chopped
Ground beef, lean
Mama Sita's Caldereta Mix, dissolved in:
Red bell pepper, chopped
Green bell pepper, chopped
Frozen green peas
Fried eggs, sunny side up
Saba or cooking bananas (about 4 regular sized saba or 2 plaintain bananas), peeled, sliced, and fried