- Place meat in a medium-sized pot and add water. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and discard broth.
- In the same pot, add water, ginger, and pre-boiled meat. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender. Set aside 2.5 cups broth.
- In a pan, saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Add the broth.
- Add the Mama Sita’s Kare-kare Mix and mix well until completely dissolved. Add the Mama Sita’s Batuan Puree and stir well.
- Add the boiled meat. Bring to a boil and simmer. Add the long green chili and pechay.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender. Season with patis.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions just before serving.
Ox tail, cleaned and washed
For boiling until tender
Red onion, sliced
Mama Sita’s Kare-kare Mix
Mama Sita’s Batuan Puree
Long green chili
Ground black pepper
Pechay tagalog, washed and 150 g bottom part sliced off (optional)
Patis to taste
Spring onions, chopped